Woh, 2014 sudah lewat 2 bulan akhirnya saya bisa juga posting untuk reading challenge tahun ini, ada 14 kategori dan mudah-mudahan bisa membaca semuanya 🙂
Bagi yang belum ikutan bisa melihat master postnya Astrid di sini untuk syarat dan ketentuannya 🙂
1. Visit The Country: Read a book that has setting in a country that you really want to visit in real life. Make sure the setting has a big role in the book and it can make you know a little bit more about your dream destination.
Sedari kecil saya punya mimpi untuk pergi ke Yunani, sayangnya susah bener cari buku berlatar Yunani, akhirnya ngubek-ngubek Goodreads dan tempat donlot ebook saya menemukan buku pilihan untuk kategori I :The Magus – John Fowles.
2. Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
Grimm Tales : For Young and Old – Philip Pullman. Buku ini saya langsung ambil dan bawa ke kasir karena kepincut cover 🙂
Gimana? cakep kan covernya 🙂
3. Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you’ve read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Don’t forget to mention the blogger’s names too!
4. Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents.
Nah kalau ini banyak, secara kulakan buat jualan xD ada beberapa buku Liane Moriarty atau The Things We Never Said – Susan Elliot Wright atau Lucia, Lucia – Adriana Trigiani atau bisa juga The Very Thought of You.
5. (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Do you remember you bought/got a new released book last year but never had a chance to read it? Dig it from your pile and bring back the 2013.
Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell.
6. First Letter’s Rule: Read a book which title begins with the same letter as your name.
The Messenger – Markus Zusak
7. Once Upon a Time: Choose a book that’s been published for the first time before you were born (not necessarily has to be a classic book, just something a little bit older than you is okay. You can read the most recent edition if you want to)
Bumi Manusia – Pramoedya Ananta Toer
8. Chunky Brick: Take a deep breath, and read a book that has more than 500 pages. Yep, the one that you’ve always been afraid of!
The Child Thief – Brom, hampir 1000 halaman bok, kalau masih kurang saya rencana mau baca A Feast of Crows – G. R. R. Martin 978 halaman. Wish me luck!
9. Favorite Author: You like their books, but there are too many titles. This is your chance, choose a book that’s been written by your fave author but you haven’t got time to read it before.
Antara Paulo Coelho, Jodi Picoult, Sarah Dessen atau John Green deh, tergantung mood :p
10. It’s Been There Forever: Pick up a book that has been there on your shelf for more than a year, clean up the dust and start to read it now
The Gargoyle atau A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith, ada di rak sejak 2011, dudududu.
11. Movies vs Books: You’ve seen the movie adaptation (or planned to see it soon) but never had time to read the book. It’s time to read it now, so you can compare the book vs the movie.
Shutter Island – Dennis Lehane
12. Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now.
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats – Jan Philipp Sendker
13. Not My Cup of Tea: Reach out to a genre that you’ve never tried (or probably just disliked) before. Whether it’s a romance, horror or non fiction, maybe you will find a hidden gem!
Mari coba membaca horor ala Stephen King! Saya coba baca The Shining deh 🙂
14. Walking Down The Memory Lane: Ever had a book that you loved so much as a kid? Or a book that you wish you could read when you were just a child? Grab it now and prepare for a wonderful journey to the past Comic books or graphic novels are allowed!
Watership Down – Richard Adams atau The Princess Bride – William Goldman
Fiuh! Selesai, mari membaca! 🙂